Monday, October 4, 2010

Yikes!

He's coming for a visit! Our correspondence and phone calls had been going really well. The conversation was easy and relaxed, but we always tiptoed around anything that had to do with "us." So, I decided to go out on a limb. Our meeting in DC is three weeks away and I really didn't want to wait that long to see him. Besides, we would be with a lot of other people the whole time and not have any real "alone" time except for the fact that my friend offered to watch the kids while we went out for dinner.

So, I asked if he would consider coming for a visit. I figured that he knew I couldn't go there any time soon (it's about an eight hour drive), and his schedule is much more flexible but I'm sure he didn't want to invite himself over. So, I took the plunge and asked him, having no idea as to whether I was overstepping my bounds or not....He's coming to visit this weekend! Not sure of the exact day yet, but probably Saturday and will stay until Tuesday. That's a long time for a first date! Not exactly the way I had envisioned things to go with a first date with someone, but since he lives so far away it's a little difficult to get any time with him at all. I guess this time together will be pretty telling! I'm obviously very nervous about seeing him again, but also very excited. It's been a very long time since I've been with anyone, but I am really ready to have a relationship now. I'll let you know how it goes!

6 comments:

  1. How exciting! (And yes, that does seem like a long "first" date.) Hope all goes smoothly and the weather cooperates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! I hope it goes really well, and that the two of you hit it off. At one point in time, I figured my kids would be grown before I entered into a serious relationship - but it's amazing how quickly that can change when you meet the right person. I'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lara and Care! Yes, things felt kind of right with him since the moment I met him...but I could be totally off. Who knows. Yes, I thought I'd never be in a serious relationship until my kids were grown, too! However, since my children have to be practically attached to me when they sleep, I may be right! Hopefully, I'll be able to tear apart from them once they fall asleep.

    It turns out he's going to be here on Sunday and will probably leave on Tuesday....if things go well, I may try to persuade him to stay another day. He wants to be in Pittsburgh on Wednesday for an event, so that's kind of the cut-off. Fingers crossed that we don't hate each other after the first 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooooo....are you ready??? Excited? Nervous? Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In many ways I am SO ready, in other ways, NO! Yes, excited, yes, nervous...I'm trying to look at it from the perspective that it's just a friend coming over for a few days...Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete