Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Four-Day First Date

Okay, I have to admit that four days for a first date is pretty long! But I also have to admit, it was really nice to have him here. There are clearly some things that will drive me crazy - but that's true in any relationship. We both had a really good time, though. We both felt close and very comfortable with each other and I was actually sorry to see him go this morning. He's coming back this weekend, just for one night, for E's birthday party. This long distance thing is definitely going to be tough. We talked about a weekend away somewhere...I'll have to figure out when we might do that and what to do with the kids. When the weather starts to turn, it's going to be even more difficult. We definitely have some challenges ahead of us.

6 comments:

  1. It is so nice to read you have met someone! All the best! It is definitely refreshing to feel sexy for a man again. Too bad he does not live nearby. Amazing how much weight you have lost! I am stuck right in the middle of my goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being sorry to see him go after 4 days together? I'd say that's a really good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are both off to a great start. You really get a better sense of a person spending several days in a stretch together, much more so than you would have a few hours here and there. Only you know if the things that might drive you crazy are worth looking past, and you are right - there is going to be some of that with any guy. And WTG on the weight loss! I know losing some weight made a huge difference in how I felt about myself - getting that sexy feeling back makes the sacrifices totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'd say being sorry to see him go after four days is a good sign, too. He was really easy-going and I felt very comfortable with him. Spending so much time with us in our own home, he really saw how we really are, and I got to see how he really is pretty well. I also got some things knocked off my Honey-do list! :-)

    And, Demeter, you are doing GREAT! It is not an easy task!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This all sounds great! I'm excited for you both. Do you think there is a chance that, should things work out, he would be willing to move? OK, maybe that's looking too far down the road.
    Baby steps...but so far so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've thought about the moving part a little...yes, I know it's early...he has a daughter in NC, so I'm not sure how that would work. She has four more years before she goes to college. He's on his way back here tonight and I'm sure the commute from NC to here will get old after awhile! And, it's more difficult for me to go back and forth, so he will be the one doing it for the most part. Challenges, challenges...I just don't know!

    ReplyDelete