Tuesday, October 26, 2010

DC Weekend

Well, the more time I spend with this guy, the more I love him. We spent the weekend in DC and had a great time. He stayed with a friend of his and I stayed with a friend of mine (one of E's half siblings). Turns out they lived a few blocks from each other in the same neighborhood. How's that for coincidence?

We arrived around 8:30 Friday night and went straight to his friend's house to say hello and have some dessert with them. They had some other people there, too, some of P's friends, around the table. My kids were a little antsy and shy, though, with so many people, and having just spent three and a half hours in the car. They were all over me which made it difficult to carry on any conversation with anyone. So, we didn't stay long, but it gave me a little bit of an opportunity to meet P's daughter, as well. She is just a doll.

Saturday, we went to a local Renaissance Festival. I have never been to one of these things and was really amazed at how seriously people take them! Some really incredible costumes. I'm not sure what people do with these costumes the rest of the year, but it is clear that they look forward to wearing them for the Festival. P said that he could tell his daughter was sizing me up at times while we were at the festival. I really liked her...sweet, unassuming, smart, easy to get along with. P and I went out for a nice dinner later that evening and had some time by ourselves (well, without kids and friends, anyway). We spent a couple hours talking at dinner about just everything. I can tell he just adores me, and I really love him, too. I know we've only been seeing each other for a very short time, so you are all probably thinking that I am somewhat naive about this whole thing or that it's my hormones talking. We both feel like we've known each other for years...kind of soul mates. I think, as you get older, you just know these things.

Saturday night there was a black tie event that P forgot was happening that weekend. He didn't want to go, anyway, but there were people there who flew in from all over to go to this event. Apparently, by midnight, they were all calling him and texting him to try to get him to go to the after-party, since they found out he was in town and he told them he was having dinner with me instead of going to the party. Besides, he didn't have his tux with him (the after-party was more casual). Anyway, we opted for breakfast/coffee the next morning.

So, Sunday we had breakfast with another author friend of his and a producer from Hollywood. P was in his element. I told him that next year, we were going to go to this party because it was a great networking opportunity for him. His next book should be out by then and he spoke to the producer about a movie idea that will hopefully have some traction by then, too. I really liked meeting these two guys - both old friends of P - both really great guys. I think a person's friends say a lot about someone.

P and his daughter left late morning to head back to NC and we went to the Museum of Natural History with my friend and all the kids. Lots of fun, but we didn't spend too long there since we wanted to get back on the road, too.

P is coming back to stay with me for about five days next week...can't wait. Then, the kids and I are off to Hawaii for a conference (I know you feel sorry for me) for a week. The day after we get back, we will get in the car and go to NC (with a stop in DC to break up the drive) to spend Thanksgiving with him and his daughter.

I just can't seem to get enough of this guy...SO opposite of the way I usually am...Usually, I can't wait to get my own space after several hours with them (or in some cases, several minutes).

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Glad you got to meet P's daughter and some of his friends. This sounds serious. And you are seriously happy. I'm excited for you. So sorry you have to go to Hawaii for a week with your kids. It will be rough being in a tropical paradise. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thrilled for you that things are going so well with P, and that meeting his daughter went well! I hear you on just knowing that this is it - I was that was with Mr NoName - and now here we are talking happily ever after. Sometimes you just know. :-) You are going to be so busy, but all good stuff - and you think I can fit in your bags for Hawaii?! Sigh...no one ever comes out to visit Oklahoma, guess I'm going to have to drag the family to the east coast to do some visiting one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely seems like there is a huge spark in the air. So happy for you! Wow you are traveling so much! It is so important that you get good vibes on each other's kids. You know when things are different, and sometimes it is important to listen to your heart! Can't wait to read more about your upcoming trips...You must be anxious to see him again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so, so excited for you!! I can hear your heart singing from over here!
    I wanna go to Hawai'i! Don't you need to do a stop over in CA?? lol

    ReplyDelete