Monday, October 18, 2010

Now I Know






He's THE one. No question. I guess when it's right, you know. We spent an entire week together (barring a couple days in the middle) and I still didn't want him to leave. He arrived last Sunday, stayed until Wednesday, went to visit his sister, came back on Friday and left again yesterday afternoon. Last Monday, we spent the entire day together without the kids. That was a treat. We talked a LOT. After the kids went to bed at night, we would spend many hours more talking and enjoying each other's company. I really enjoy being with him. The "L" word even came up before he left and we both agreed that we have something very unique and special together. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed being with someone so much. He's really great with the kids, too. They really like him and say that he's a good tickler. I thought that was pretty funny. I guess that's all it takes to impress a 4 and 7 year old! We are meeting again this weekend in DC. Hopefully, he'll have his daughter with him, too. I'm looking forward to meeting her.
He came to E's birthday party on Saturday at the roller skating rink, too, and was a great help. I'm not used to asking other people for help, so that's taking me a little while to get used to. Fortunately, he offers, but I did tell him that I'm not used to asking and that I just do everything myself. The kids had a great time at the party. Three hours of non-stop roller skating. E is getting pretty good at it - even e is getting to the point where I don't need to hold her all the time. On Sunday, I took the kids to one of e's friend's birthday party. They live on a 60 acre farm with lots of animals and places to explore. E and e had lots of fun chasing the ducks and turkeys, playing with all the other animals, and going on the hayride.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I am so excited for you! I know the long distance part makes it more challenging, but I am thrilled that you have this connection with him!!! I totally hear you on asking for help - funny, because I had just posted something last week on that very subject. I am getting better with it - and thankfully Mr NoName is very good about offering it even when I don't ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, congratulations on the connection. It's so nice to hear a "success story". Your photos are precious--I love the one where your children are chasing the ducks. A classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you! I never expected to fall so hard so fast, but there it is! And, I have to say, it's about flippin' time!

    The kids had a great time chasing those ducks. Poor things, I'm sure, felt terrorized by the time we left!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooo...how was the weeekend in DC??? Inquiring minds want to know! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. By popular demand...I have written a new post!

    ReplyDelete