Monday, September 20, 2010

Look What We Did!

We had a VERY busy weekend....yesterday was go, go, go right until the kids went to bed. They slept really well! Saturday, I took them to my University for an event the students were having - a vertical wind tunnel. It sounded REALLY cool...you could experience the feel of skydiving without jumping out of a plane. So, off we went...the process took way longer than I thought, so we ended up being late for a birthday party in the afternoon, but it was SO worth it. It is essentially a very powerful fan that allows you to fly above it.Here we are suited up in our flying outfits...yes, I am Superwoman!



E had a blast! e had fun, too, but was too scared to fly, so E got to go twice...lucky him. Since he was so light, they were flipping him around upside down and right side up...He loved it, as you can see!

Sunday was the first day of Sunday school, another birthday party, and swimming lessons....both of my children only made it through half their lessons. E just doesn't want to do it once he gets there...I think he's a little bored...or maybe it's because the water is so cold. e is just cold. We'll try again next week, but I don't see the water getting any warmer....that is a big deterrent....not sure what to do about that.

Both Saturday and Sunday night one of the little girls who lives up the street came over. She's pretty much like clockwork...right around dinner time, she shows up. Her parents are divorced and she is with her father on the weekends. I don't think he really knows what to do with her, so she always ends up at my house. I often end up feeding her and just watching her for the evening and often for the day, if we are at home. I guess I'm glad she has a positive influence with me to help her get through her time with her dad, but I'm also a little annoyed that they are always playing at my house. I think he's an okay guy...just doesn't know what to do with a kind of immature 7 year old.

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen such a thing--what great fun! I hope I can find one of these machines when my boys are older, I bet they'd love it.
    The little girl who visits sounds like she's really lonely and missing her mom. Your home provides her with the nurturing she needs but most likely isn't getting on the weekends with her dad. (I'm sure he's a great guy--but little girls can't really be away from their mommies that long.) She's luck to have you nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never seen such a thing either! E is my dare-devil...always up for an adventure...Kind of makes me worry what he'll be up for when he's older! Yes, I'm sure your boys will love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete