Monday, April 19, 2010

Purging

I've been doing a major purge of the house...it feels good. When the guys were working on finishing my basement, I took the opportunity to spend a morning with them and go through all the stuff down there. It has been a storage hell and it was nice to have help getting all the junk out. I ended up having him take a truckload of stuff to Good will and probably another truckload of trash away. There's still a bunch of stuff down there, but at least it's more manageable now. I'm ordering the carpet for down there today, so I should be able to get it organized once the carpet has been laid. I'm looking forward to having that space more usable.

I've also been going through my clothes. Already, I've given away about 9 trash bags full of clothes to Good will. All the winter stuff in larger sizes that I know I will never need again. Boy, it's really great to be able to say that. I put together three more bags just last week, and I'm sure I'll be able to come up with a few more by the time I finish cleaning everything out. I guess this says something about what a clothes horse I've been...But there was a lot of stuff, too, that I looked at and just decided that I had been keeping too long - regardless of the size. I suppose I could sell the clothes on eBay or something, but I just don't want to deal with it. I just want it all out of the house.

I went out with Rodney again this past weekend. This was the guy I went out with about five months ago. Between then and now a lot has happened with both of us, but we've stayed in touch via email. His son had a very aggressive form of cancer (doing better now but not completely out of the woods), and he's got some business stuff going on. Anyway, I really do like him as a person. There was no lack in the conversation and I think he's probably a fun guy. I'm just not feeling anything...no physical attraction.

I really need to get back on eH now that I've lost some weight. I'm feeling much better about myself, but I still think I have quite a bit of weight to lose. I had plateaued at a 35 pound loss forever, but this past week, I think I have finally moved off the plateau. I was down almost three more lbs on the scale this morning. I guess it's time to repost some pictures on eH and try again...I think I look a lot different (thinner and got a new do!), and we all know that with men, it's all about the visual.

The kids had a great weekend. I took them to the trampoline place up the street on Saturday because it was just kind of a cold day. After Sunday school, e had her soccer practice and then I took them to the rock wall gym. They slept well last night! The soccer practice is with ALL four year-olds. It's so funny to watch them play. They do a few training type activities and then they play three-on-three (not a lot of rules at this point, though). All goes well until a butterfly happens to fly across the field. Then the attention is no longer on the ball but on chasing the butterfly.

6 comments:

  1. You're inspiring me to get back on the diet bandwagon. I slacked off, but this is it. I need to get healthy (and hot, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am so curious about your new look and "do". Congratulations on the successful purging and nearing the end of the basement project.
    I bet that feels so good to get rid of clothes that you'll never wear again. Time to go shopping for new cute things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cmay, yes, I'm looking forward to buying cute things, but I'm putting off spending a lot of money until I know my weight has stabilized. They say that takes about a year. I'll post new pictures one of these days...when I can actually get one taken!

    rachelbk, yes, healthy is the main thing...I'm sure you're already hot! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must feel so good to get rid of all those clothes :-).
    And the kids stopping playing because of a butterfly.. how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can just picture the soccer practice! I hope to get my son involved in some sports learning activity next year. He'll love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, it seems you are getting there!
    I loved the idea of kids catching a butterfly rather than follow the ball. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete