Monday, April 12, 2010

Lost Teeth

Well, E finally lost his first top tooth. He was SO excited about it! I picked him up from his after-school program last Friday and he ran up to me with a plastic bag with his tooth in it. Of course, I noticed the space even before he showed me the bag. The Tooth Fairy (whose name is Toothie - we know this because she left a note when he lost his first tooth) left a dollar and a coin from the Isle of Mann. The Tooth Fairy always leaves a coin from the last country she visited along with money (it's a good thing I've saved coins from many of my travels!). The second tooth on top will probably be the next to go....maybe in a couple months or so.

Poor e got strep again last week (she had it about three weeks ago, too). She was complaining of a sore throat Wednesday night and I noticed that her tonsils were also about as big as golf balls. So I took her to see the doctor on Thursday and kept her home with me on Friday. She really didn't feel too bad, but I didn't want it to get any worse. They put her on a different antibiotic this time that is sending her to the bathroom regularly. The doctor told me to just give her some probiotic yogurt. Let's hope that does the trick. She was so tired on Friday, she fell asleep on the arm of the couch. So cute. She just couldn't make it any further.

e also started with soccer practice this weekend. She looks adorable in her little uniform and is having a lot of fun.


6 comments:

  1. WTG E on the lost tooth - another milestone! Your tooth fairy is way cooler than our tooth fairy - she just leaves plain ole dollar bills! LOL Poor e though - hope she is feeling better soon and that the antibiotic side effects slow down - ugh! That pic is priceless though. And she is so cute in her soccer uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for E for loosing his first front tooth!

    And poosr e. Hope she feels better soon. And yes, she does look adorable in her football uniform :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute on the couch! Glad e was feeling better to play soccer on the weekend. Great smile, E. The tooth fairy is very clever to leave special coins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Steven is gone! They really shouldn't post on people's blogs...very annoying! Anyway, the strep didn't slow e down a bit. And, Billy, hahaha...I had to think about your comment for a second...forgot that you were overseas! I suddenly had an image of my daughter wearing large padding and a football helmet.

    It's nice that the tooth fairy gives me a little opportunity for a geography lesson, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoooHoo for the lost tooth for E. He looks even more adorable. I love Toothie. My T lost the right incisor (next to his big new front teeth) and our "Toothie" left 2 gold dollar coins. There was an immediate and early call to Oma and Opa and then the money went straight into the piggy bank. I love the idea of foreign coins. That makes total sense since she has to travel all over the world collecting children's prized teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute idea! I did not know that the Toothie was quite a traveller! Also forgot how excited kids get when they loose their teeth. Isn't it wonderful to re-live those moments through our children?

    ReplyDelete