Tuesday, September 1, 2009

He's Growing Up Too Fast


Well, I dropped off my baby to his first day of Kindergarten today. He was a little nervous, but he was so preoccupied with looking at everything and checking out his desk that I'm sure he didn't even notice his mommy crying away.
Okay, am I the only wimp? How come I didn't see any of the other moms crying when they were dropping off their children to the first day of Kindergarten? This is such a big day for him! E did great. I was surprised that he had no trouble falling asleep last night. This morning, once I reminded him that this was his first day of school, he popped right up and got dressed. I gave him a new shirt to wear, outfitted him in his new backpack, and off we went. When we got to school, I walked him to his classroom and he found his cubby right away. Apparently I can only walk him to his classroom this first week. Next week, he's on his own. School gets out at 3:00, at which time he will take the bus to the daycare center for his after-school program. It's nice that I can pick him and e up at the same place!

No more little boy. :-(

8 comments:

  1. Big boy :-)
    Hope his first day was great and that he has a fruitful and succesful year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did great! Rode the bus to his after-school program, just fine. When I picked him up, he said that he LOVED kindergarten and that he wants to go back tomorrow. So cute. He told me about all the things they did and that he made lots of new friends. It would be nice if he could love school this much for the rest of his life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet. I didn't cry on T's first day. Gee, now I feel like a hard-ass. LOL. Actually it really is a big mile stone. You are a mommy with a big heart and you captured the day nicely with your pics and story. Was it nerve wracking to have him take a bus and get to the day care center without being there? I think I'd be so worried about transportation and lost kids. T would totally love it though!
    I'm glad E loves it and is making lots of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I was very worried about that! Believe me, if I could have been there when he got off the bus, I would have. However, I had a doctor's appointment at the same time, so I couldn't make it (I finally got my cast off!). You know what a geek I am though....I had one of the staff take pictures of him getting off the bus! I posted one. You can see that he has a sign that he has to wear around his neck. That tells everyone where he's supposed to go. He has to wear it for about two weeks -- until everyone gets the into the routine of things. They do a lot of counting, too. So, hopefully, he won't be inspired at any time, to just walk to his after-school program (this, I would not put past him!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad he got off to a great start. I love the pics - especially his big smile in the last shot as he is coming off the bus. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet! What a big boy! I'm sure I'll totally cry at all major milestones (a family trait). I just love reading about your special bond with your kids---very precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll be here soon, Jo! It's better than you can ever imagine! And, while difficult at times, not nearly as difficult as everyone tells you it will be.

    ReplyDelete