Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kindergarten...Already!????

E with his new Kindergarten teacher, Mr. McGuire

I look at pictures that I took of my kids just six months ago and can't believe how much they've changed. E is looking like a kid already, and e has lost all her baby look. She is as sassy as ever but I still love the three's. I'm convinced there is no such thing as "Terrible Two's." It's all in the threes.

E starts Kindergarten next week. Last night, we went to his school's open house so we could see where his classroom is, meet his teacher, and see the school a little more. E was very nervous but seemed to be really looking forward to going to school next week. Poor e doesn't really understand why she can't go with him. She keeps saying that she's going to kindergarten, too. I think she's really going to miss playing with E during the day and having his company.
E and e in front of E's new school

This is the first year that the Kindergarten has been in this school, so there is still a lot of construction going on. Hopefully, the playground will be up by the time school starts...for the teachers' sanity!

3 comments:

  1. Cool! I'm envious that E gets a male teacher. I wish there were more male teachers to plant more positive male role models for my boy (our boys). It's 1st grade for T this year and so far we've always had female teachers (from preschool on up).
    E looks ready and happy to be going to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While we are not allowed to request certain teachers, I had heard good things about this guy. I didn't want to take a chance with any unknown teacher, and I liked the idea of E having a good male role model. So, I told the teachers that since E didn't have a father, I wanted him to have a male teacher/role model...and there he is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm envious too - we don't have many male teachers here in elementary, but there are some terrific ones here in middle and high school. Hard to believe that it's time for kindergarten already! Hope he gets off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete