Friday, March 26, 2010

Back in The Saddle

Thanks, everyone, for all the support these last several weeks! I haven't told a lot of people about my surgery, so it's always nice to hear from you! Since I had the hernia fixed at the same time, I'm just telling most people that I just had hernia surgery.

I had an iron infusion (takes about an hour or so to get it through an IV) a couple weeks ago and have started to take a slow release iron pill (decided that part on my own since I was already taking two vitamins each day that should have given me over 200% of my iron, and they weren't doing the trick). All this seems to be helping. I have another iron infusion next week and I'll probably cancel the third. It's an hour each way to the hospital and I'm just tired of making the trip! I'd go if I felt like I needed it, but I'm pretty sure I'm over the hump.

I have to admit that I'm not 100% yet, but I'm pretty close. I've lost about 33 lbs from my high, so I should be bouncing off the walls. Still not quite there, but feeling SOOOO much better! Lordy, that was tough not being able to get off the couch. I don't know what people with chronic illnesses do to get through it.

The kids are doing great. I lost my camera several weeks ago, so I don't have a lot of pictures to upload. I just ordered a new one (finally gave up on finding my other one any time soon -- it's probably in one of the black holes I sometimes refer to as my house or office) and it should be here next week. So, more pictures coming!

I'm not sure if I gave updates from Valentine's Day and e's birthday party. For Valentine's Day, E was so excited that he bought me a gift. He excitedly gave me a small heart shaped box of chocolates, the ones that have four or five pieces of chocolate in it. When I opened it, there were two half eaten pieces left. So cute. I could tell he was just so happy to have a present for me that I told him how happy I was and gave him a hug and a kiss. So thoughtful of him to save the two half-eaten pieces for me!

e had her birthday party at the local roller skating rink. She had a Tinkerbelle theme this year. I will miss these years that her themes can be Disney characters!

They are both growing in leaps and bounds. I keep telling them that they need to stop growing, but they continue to ignore me. Oh well.

I'm in the process of having my basement finished. They are almost done! I'm so excited with the progress. Today, I spent the morning with them going through all the stuff that should go into storage, go to Goodwill, or go in the trash. It's SO nice to have help with these things. With their help, I accomplished in one morning what probably would have taken me several weeks. Okay, let's face it. It might have taken me several years! It's nice to purge. They took a whole truckload of stuff to Goodwill.


5 comments:

  1. Glad the iron infusion helped, hope you feel completely recovered soon.

    And how cute of E :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful memory--E giving you a box of chocolates. I just love that! It's even more special since it had 2 1/2 pieces inside. Very special, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you seem to be past the worst of it now, and that the iron infusions are working. Hope you are back to 100% soon. Can't wait to see some new pics - in my head I still see E and e as they were when I met you several years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your iron therapy is doing the job. I became anemic during pregnancy, and remember how exhausing it was, and mine was only mild, nothing like your experience!
    33 lbs already! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent that you are getting your energy back! And 33 pounds gone!! Man-O-Man. Just put 33 pounds of butter on the counter and see what that looks like! You must be having a great time dressing yourself in new outfits, huh?
    I can't wait to see new pictures!

    ReplyDelete