Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a long holiday weekend and it was great.  On Saturday morning we got up early to do our annual neighborhood yard sale.  I just put out mostly kids clothes, but I think I still made close to $100.  Not bad for a morning's work.  The kids probably made out even better than I did!  It was a really hot day, so they decided to sell snow cones for $1 a piece.  They made a mint!  In the afternoon, we just played in the sprinkler to cool off.  Later, we set up the tent in the back yard so we could sleep in it that night.  The kids were really excited since they had never slept in a tent before!  Well, I must admit, I was not overly upset when I saw lightning around 2:30 am and had to bring the kids inside.  It's not so easy to sleep on the ground anymore!  Sunday night was stormy, too, so no tent.  We tried again on Monday night, but the tent had gotten so wet that we couldn't stay in it.  I took it down Tuesday and will look for another one that is smaller and stays dry!  The kids still had a lot of fun in it.

Monday we went to one of the local community pools.  It was another scorcher, so we were happy to be in a place where we could stay wet.  It's just too bad we didn't see any of the kids' friends there.  They got bored pretty fast.

The kids finish school next week and are very excited about moving on to the next grades!  I can't believe they will be in 3rd and 1st grade already.  Yikes.

Back to the man situation...this guy is driving me crazy.  I have made it pretty clear to him that I just want to be friends now.  He called me last week saying how much he misses me and everything.  I told him that I am going to date other men and that I just wanted to be friends.  I don't think he gets it.  He asked me how the online dating thing is going and I told him that I've been corresponding with a guy and we are just trying to coordinate a date.  He seemed in disbelief so I said that it was a good thing the guy was Jewish - that's a step in the right direction.  He laughed and said "that's not going to work for you!"  I got disgusted and just said that it would be nice to be with someone who is the same religion.  It makes things easier (btw, date with the Jewish guy is tonight!).  Then he goes on to say that I should feel free to talk to him about my dates.  We hung up and he calls back a few minutes later saying that he wants to buy one of the coffee shops in my area and move here (he is in the coffee shop business)...he wants to move....I could tell by his voice that he was crying on the other end.  When will this guy stop crying!?  That is such a turn off.  He said that he has lots of "powerful" things going on at his end and that he needs me right now.  WTF.

I was surprised that I didn't hear from him all weekend (he usually calls me and texts me several times a day), but thought maybe he's finally getting the message.  He called this morning and the first thing he does is go on and on about how much he misses me.  I didn't reciprocate.  I'm really glad he lives 4 1/2 hours away.  He's going to be a couple hours away tomorrow and the next day for a business meeting so I agreed to have lunch with him tomorrow somewhere half way.  He asked if I could spend the day with him, but I told him that I have meetings.  I really don't want to spend any time with him, but I guess I could spare time for lunch...even though I'll have to drive an hour to do so.  Ugh.  After telling me several times how much he misses me (and me saying that I just want to be friends), he says that his feelings for our relationship are not the same either - meaning he is not feeling so much in love with me anymore.  This guy is really F'ed up.  I'm not sure friends is even the direction I want to go anymore given how screwed up he is.

3 comments:

  1. Your first Saturday of the summer sounds wonderful--those are the kind of days your children will remember (and probably try to recreate when they are parents themselves).

    On the other front, I probably wouldn't be comfortable being friends with that guy either. I'm sure he's a good person but just not right for you--and yet, he doesn't seem to get the message when you break it to him gently. How awkward. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update...maybe he actually is getting the message? He called back yesterday and said that he agrees that he does in fact want more out of the relationship than I do and suggested that we not have lunch today. I happily obliged. He left it up to me to call him back whenever...I feel absolutely no urge to see him again. Boy, how things can change once you get to know a person! We'll see how long it takes for him to call me again.

    AND the date with the Jewish guy last night went REALLY well! What a nice guy. He's a couple years younger than me but our kids are about the same age...he has two boys, 10 and 8. We seem to have a lot in common and the THREE hours we spent having dinner went by in a flash. We both agreed that we'd like to see each other again. I'll keep you updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear the date with the Jewish guy went well and glad that the other guy is finally starting to understand!

    ReplyDelete