Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our Latest Trip



We just returned from the Maldives...a group of islands located just southwest of India in the Indian Ocean. It was spectacular! I had a conference there, so I took the kids for about a week. Our hotel was on a small island with nothing else on it...it took about 20 minutes to walk around the entire island. No cars, just sand everywhere. The water was as clear as it could be and the sand just melted under our feet.

We went snorkeling, I went scuba diving - something I've always wanted to do. Everything I read said that this was the best place in the world for scuba diving. Of course, now that I've tried it, everywhere else will pale in comparison! I took a short lesson and was able to go down about 30 meters. It was amazing - hundreds of fish in as many different colors. The anemones were full of bright colors, as well, and we managed to spot a black tip reef shark (harmless - this one was about four feet long, I'd say) and an eagle ray (I'd guess it had about a four foot wingspan).

The kids had the time of their lives playing on the beach and at the pool. It was a REALLY long trip to get there (about 30 hours travel time there and about 36 on the way back!), but the kids did great and really enjoyed themselves. Here are some pix!








3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a place to have a conference! Glad you had such a great time :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds truly divine! I was thinking the same thing as Billy--what a great place to "have" to go for work. I'm in the wrong profession. Your children are two of the luckiest on the planet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The place looks amazing and the kids as adorable as ever! So lucky to travel o far with them.

    ReplyDelete