Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hotels, hotels, and more hotels...

We are leaving on a trip to Europe next week. Italy, Eqypt, Cyprus, Athens...There is SO much research to do to put these kinds of trips together! Mostly, at this point, which hotels to stay in and exactly how much time to spend in each place. Fortunately, Italy is completely taken care of, so I don't have to worry about accommodations there. Eqypt is a short cruise, so that's also taken care of. I decided to stay at the conference hotel in Cyprus since it is on the beach and has a pool...and it's more like a resort hotel. The kids will be kept busy.

Still, I had to research lots of other hotels in the area to make sure that was the RIGHT one to stay at. Then, the big question was when to go to Athens..should we spend a week in Cyprus? A week and a half? I have about 2 and a half weeks to split between the two countries. At first, I didn't think there was going to be much to do in Athens, aside from the usual ruins. That, apparently takes up about three days. I wanted to be sure to have plenty to keep the kids occupied. Anyway, to make a long story short, I believe I have decided to spend a little over a week in Cyprus and about a week in Athens (I found a resort hotel there, too, that is on the beach). I know, life's rough when this is all I have to think about. All in all, we'll be gone for four weeks. I'm really looking forward to it but suddently realizing how much I have to do before we leave!

Well, there are other things, too! I'm in the process of starting a new company. I FINALLY decided on a logo. That took forever. The logo designer had the patience of a saint given that I kept going back and forth, and asking him to make the slightest modifications so I could see them. I'm sure he's glad to have me off his list! Now, is the web page. That's going to take a lot more work. I hired a company in India to put it together and they have been great. It just takes a lot of time for me to review it and figure out what's missing and what's not...I'm sure I'll drive them crazy, too, before long. I'm learning a lot throughout the process, though!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh - what a great trip! Got room in your suitcase for me to sneak in? :-) I'll expect lots of pictures when you return. My vacation this year is just back to Ohio, with a stop on the way to meet up with some SMC friends in Chicago. Maybe if I'd quit moving so much I could take proper vacations! And I'm looking forward to hearing more about your new business - sounds like a lot of work on the front end - hope it's all going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm going to try to take lots of pictures! I need to figure out how to insert them in here...do I just insert the link into this box? And, how come I'm not getting notifications when people write comments? Clearly, I still have a lot to learn here.

    I will let you know when I launch the company...hopefully, later this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scratch that...I think I figured it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the new company! I look forward to hearing more about it.
    And THANK YOU for your call for my Bday. It was one of the best timed calls I've ever received. It really made my day. Kauai was TOUGH with a 13 year old girl in tow. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete